Friday, January 23, 2009

In The Dark



Yup, I am sitting in the dark at my house. And not by choice. I came home today from a long stressful day at school hoping to enjoy a nice hot bath and a good book.... Only to find that my garage door wouldn't open. I've been having problems with it lately so I didn't think much about it. I jumped out of the Jeep and ran my freezing cold butt through the side door and manually lifted it. That thing is heavy! On my way in the house I noticed the lights wouldn't come on in the kitchen. What the hell???
I was expecting a package for my business, so I go to the front door to see if at least that had arrived (it's a week overdue), nope, no package. But what I did find was a piece of paper wedged between the glass doors. A disconnect statement from the utilities company! Those little assh.... well, anyways...
I had made payment arrangements with them the week prior. What in the world was going on? So I give them a call. By now it's six o'clock at night. I get some after hours guy that could care less what was happening, and probably gets irate people calling him at all hours of the night, screaming about how miserable their life is without power. Try as I may- he tells me I will have to come in, in the morning, and talk with someone else. Great. There goes my relaxing night.

So, I sit here, by candlelight, thinking about the many other things I had decided to blog about. The "battery low" warning light continously blinking in my eye. Yeah, good luck buddy. You want some electricity to power you up, like I want a good hot bath to power me down.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Me

Me